“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:14-21 NIV
One of my favorite Christian leaders is Beth Moore. She wrote on Twitter recently about the need for prayer in these days.
• Pray at all times in the Spirit, stay alert and persevere
• Pray specifically
• There is so much to pray for, don’t ever think your prayers are worthless
• Pray for everyone, those you know and those you don’t know, neighbors and world leaders
• Prayer unifies us
In this short blog, we want to give you a few prayer practices to do. Come up with creative ways to pray!
• Find a tree and draw it
• Read Psalm 1
• Be still for a moment, if you can, and prayerfully consider what it means to be the tree planted by the stream of water, which is the Lord
Family and Friends:
• Write a list of family and friends (if you have a journal, use that!)
• As each person comes into your mind, give space in prayer to God, and talk to God specifically about them, their needs, hopes, fears, and how much they mean to you and your life
First Responders and Other Heroes:
• Mr. Rogers said, in times of trouble, his mother would tell him to “Look for the helpers”
• Who are the helpers in the time of the coronavirus?
• Say a prayer for those who are working tirelessly: doctors, nurses, law enforcement, grocery store employees, and more
• Be thankful for them and pray for their health and their families
For more prayer practice ideas, follow our youth group on instagram @centralstudentsocala.
Josh Reed // Student Pastor